Monday, July 16, 2012

Henna


It's that time of year again for me, summer! And what do I like to do in summer? Well, henna of course. The henna plant (“lawsonia inermis”) is a tree that grows in hot arid climates. The leaves of this plant are harvested, dried and ground into a fine powder. Then the powder is made into a paste and used to dye skin, hair and even your fingernails. I usually just use it to dye my hands and feet. The skin on your palms and soles of your feet is much thicker and takes in more ink. The skin on the back of your hand, arm, neck and other parts is thinner and the color doesn't come out as well.

I love doing henna, and usually buy some prepackaged brands, but have been researching it a little more and am becoming a little more knowledgeable about the subject.

I also grabbed a better applicator at Deseres the other day. I can't wait for my Henna to rub off so I can redesign my hand with thinner lines.

1 comment:

  1. Being an Indian,I can't imagine festivals or ceremonies like wedding without Henna/Mehendi. I liked that you've posted about it. This is the only natural tattoo i can say.:D
    How about following my blog?

    ReplyDelete