Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tablet Case

So Michaels has a ton of craft ideas, and as I was browsing twitter the other day, I saw a great craft idea of making a tablet case out of ducktape and felt. This seemed perfect for me, because I don't have a sewing machine and I've been thinking about sewing a case ever since the horrible day when I scratched my tablet to bits in my bag.

So yesterday I visited Deserres. I got to see my very beautiful, talented friend Christin. She works there and the second I walked in the door I heard "Lyndsay!!" from behind the counter. After we chatted for a bit, I grabbed some turquoise felt and black ducktape. I avoid all other isles, especially the paint isle. Ohh how I wanna blow a ton of cash on paint. I love painting, but haven't had the time or inspiration to do it lately.

Anyways, when I got home away I went.




These are the materials I used: Ducktape, felt, scissors, and a ruler.


First I placed my tablet on the felt and measured around. I used a marker to outline it and then cut it with my scissors.

I used two pieces of felt the same size and taped the edges together.


I also added a little flap for easy opening. I tape it down, but to be sure it would hold, I also stapled it and taped over the staples.


After that I figured out the design I might put on it. After a few different layers, it ended up looking like this.



I decided that I wanted a completely felt covered side. Also, I wanted a pocket for the little usb cord that comes with my tablet, so I just went for it, and voila!!



I'm pretty pleased with it, and it will be great in my bag when I'm traveling back and forth to school.

5 comments:

  1. that's way cool lyndsay,,,great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really creative! I love the color of the felt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maddie and JB. I can't seem to get enough shades of turquoise in my life. It's funny because I used to hate that color when I was a young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    You should really get an inexpensive sewing machine...you are so creative--it would be one more way to show the world what you're made of!!!My mom bought my daughter a $99 basic sewing machine, and I use hers instead of my expensive one all the time.
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, you may have convinced me!! I will also follow you on your blog. :)

      Delete