Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring 2013 - A New Garden

So, as you can see from my past posts, this was intended to be a blog about many different interests. One of my favorite things (especially come spring time) is gardening. I have no idea why this started to be so important to me, but I think its because I love the idea that I can grow my own food.

The first time I ever gardened was with my mom growing up. We had a small garden in front of our house, and it usually housed tulips. Tulips, are as you my have guessed, are my favorite flower. In the back of our house we had a plum tree and a rhubarb patch. Every summer I would sneak some plums, and mom would occasionally make rhubarb pie or just cook it with some sugar. I loved our garden patches, even though we didn't invest very much into them.

When I was a teen my friend Tiffany gave me a strawberry plant. I planted it at my grandmothers house and for 3 summers we enjoyed strawberries. (and so did the squirrels.

Overall, I always had great memories of gardening. When I moved back to canada one of my dreams was to settle down and have my own garden. It's pretty hard to be a world traveller and a gardener! Anyways, now, living in an apartment, I'm still not quite there. I don't have much space to have a garden, so my tiny balcony will have to do.

This year, I want to track my progress. And what better place than here, at 22 tulips!

So stay turned for some gardening fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment